BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Capital Grille

Happy Anniversary (to my boyfriend & I)!

My sweet boyfriend surprised me on our anniversary 03.01.02 by bringing me a bouquet of roses & calla lilies, a gift (2 pairs of my favorite circle lenses), & a great dinner at one of our all time favorite restaurants: Capital Grille. As always, we had a lovely dinner with great service & delicious food.  Here are some snap shots of our evening:

Hemmingway Daiquiri & Mojito de Uvas
We arrived a bit early so we decided to relax and have a drink by the bar.
Hemingway Daiquiri: Cruzan Estate light rum, Luxardo Maraschino liqueur, freshly squeezed lime, ruby red grapefruit juice & cane sugar syrup
Mojito de Uvas: Bacardi Light Rum, lime juice, cane sugar syrup, chilled Champagne, muddled mint & green grapes

Whenever we dine here for a birthday or other special occasion & RSVP in advance, there is a card waiting for us...

Capital Grille's Chicago Restaurant Week 2011 menu

Hm...what appetizer should we order... 

Musar Jeune Red 2008, Bekaa Valley, Lebanan 13%
An unoaked blend of Cinsault, Syrah, & Cabernet Sauvignon
I love the design on the bottle!

Musar Jeune Red 2008, Bekaa Valley, Lebanan 13%
An unoaked blend of Cinsault, Syrah, & Cabernet Sauvignon


New England Oysters on a Half Shell
Our favorite appetizer from Capital Grille. It makes me drool just thinking about it...

My first course:
Clam Chowder

My second course:
8 oz Filet Mignon

Our sides: 
Creamed Spinach & Sam's Mashed Potatoes
You can also see his Herb Marinated Tenderloin with Roasted Tomato Relish 

My dessert:
Creme Brulee
He got the Capital Grille Handcrafted Ice Cream (chocolate), but it didn't photograph well

Free champagne & my sweet boyfriend...<3



No comments:

Post a Comment